Friday, March 23, 2007

Amish in the Snow

ISO 1600 ~ f/5.6 ~ 1/50 ~ 120mm ~ handheld, desaturation & edits done in iPhoto

This photo was actually a goof. I had my camera all set wrong, and as we were driving by, I shot this pict, looked at it, and realized that it was about 1 1/2 - 2 stops overexposed... Bummer! So, iPhoto to the rescue, I added some contrast, desaturated it, and violà! Actually, the blur caused by the forced overexposure adds some motion character to the shot, I think. Sometimes I find that my photos are too 'perfect' in the fact that they don't show life how it truly appears. Catching the emotion of a picture, be it a face, an object, or an animal, adds the extra between 'just a picture' and an eye-catching print. What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • Pretty neat what you can do with a goof! I wish I made goofs like that more often! :D I definitely like the emotion you caught!

    Now, a question for you....if you were to have exposed it correctly using the same shutter speed for the purpose of catching the motion, your aperture would have had to be smaller yet, correct?

    If you had had the right setup, panning that shot would have been awesome. Probably not too appreciated by the subjects, though! :-)

    Keep the pics coming! I sure am enjoying them!

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home