Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oh, To Be Like Thee!!!



Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Refrain:
Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.

Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.

Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing,
Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.

Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit me for life and Heaven above.

4 Comments:

  • I love that song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • Ryan,
    That hymn should be the heart-cry of every Christian. I esp. love verse 3,
    "Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
    Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer, others to save."
    Each verse is very precious, though! I also love Thomas Chisholm's other famous hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Both of those hymns really go together if you think about it--- The Lord will never fail in His faithfulness to those who desire to be like Him! But our faith toward the Lord and His promises is the first step...=)

    By the way, is that a picture of apple blossoms? It looks like it to me... I love the way they look!=)
    God bless you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Keep seeking God, Monica, and He will make you more and more like Him! The Lord bless you!

    --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- ---

    Amen, Rachel! "Stamp Thine own image, deep on my heart!" I believe that we should ever strive to put on the mind of Christ, and just like the scriptures and song says, one of the biggest things is humility!

    God bless you too!

    Those are strawberry blossoms, actually! :-)

    -Ryan

    P.S. Sorry that it took so long to reply... I have been really busy! :-)

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 10:43 PM  

  • Thank you for the encouragment Ryan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home