Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winter Lights...

ISO 200 ~ f/32 ~ 30sec ~ 80mm


We were on our way back from a friend's house where we had just eaten supper and spent the evening fellowshipping, and Dad pulled over and stopped for this shot. So thanks to Dad for the idea! :-) I wanted a small aperture so that I could get the star effect on the lights. Unfortunately, with a 30 second exposure, shooting from across the road, traffic was a little problem; hence the streaks from a large pickup that cruised by.

I didn't have my tripod with me either (do I ever?), so the shot is framed a little poorly due to the fact that I had my camera sitting on a post, with the shoulder strap cocking the lens up high enough that I could clear the top of the tree. (Excuse the run-on sentences; it is 2am here...)

And no, I'm not condoning Christmas trees, but the lights were pretty under the snow! :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Ooh, that is really cool! :D
    Thanks for posting it! ;)

    By Blogger Becc@, at 12:53 PM  

  • I tried doing this last night. And it turned out for the most part. I also love moving my camera and getting swirls. :) Thanks for posting!!!

    By Blogger Goldfish, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home