Saturday, March 08, 2008

Getting the Shot

I don't know if any of you get this way, but there are times where I just don't know what to shoot. I've shot everything in our yard - a thousand times over... It's time to step back and look at things from a different angle. You shoot standing up, try shooting from the floor. You shoot low all the time? Climb up on something, and, again, get a totally different angle. I know you have heard this a thousand times from a thousand different books, but I thought that it was worth the effort to let you know that there is truth in it.

I'm sorry ladies, but this one is more for the guys. :-)  Here was the original shot. Plain. Boring. Yard.

ISO 100 ~ f/18 ~ 1/60th ~ 55mm

I tried a shot from the ground at wide angle. Suddenly the old Dodge took on the menacing look of a monster truck.
ISO 100 ~ f/10 ~ 1/250th ~ 18mm


A little more creativity with wide-angle, and deeper DOF.
ISO 100 ~ f/10 ~ 1/250th ~ 18mm


Ok, so they are not stunning images, but it surprised me again how different a scene can look with just a little creativity on the part of the photographer.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Loved the tip. Inspired me to go out and take 127 pictures.
    (Ah, he joys of living on a farm!)

    By Blogger Goldfish, at 9:39 PM  

  • I just love going in for a "weird" intriguing angle. Great tips, and good examples!

    By Blogger Brittney, at 7:27 PM  

  • Wow! That is SO cool! Thanks for posting those pic's I love 'em! ;)
    (yeah, I know, I'm not a guy either, but I thought since it was two girl ahead of me I'd comment anyway! :P)

    Good Going! :)

    By Blogger Becc@, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home