Thursday, April 12, 2007

Take a picture...of what?

Do you ever get the feeling that you've shot everything around your house and on your property that could possibly have been photographed; ten times over??? I mean, come on! I only have 3000+ pictures of just our 5 acres... :-)

What are some of your creative ways of shooting old territory?

Photography is not about cameras, gadgets and gismos. Photography is about photographers. A camera didn't make a great picture any more than a typewriter wrote a great novel. -Peter Adams, Sydney 1978

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • What an inspiring quote! Just this afternoon I was lamenting that I live in the middle of town...and have completely run out of things to take pictures of! (I was actually longing for a bit of farm! :) But the quote has inspired me to keep looking for new things...or at least, new ways to capture the old, ordinary things!

    By Blogger Bethany, at 7:56 PM  

  • I face the same problem continually! I think I just need a change of perspective though! The more I view other's photography, the more my creative juices start flowing. I start seeing things through different eyes, and I get challenged to make something ordinary look beautiful.

    If you have any idea, please share them!

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 10:49 PM  

  • There are several ways, but I think Bethany hit the nail on the head in this excellent post from last year: Try different angles!
    It's really amazing what you can do with an old, worn-out subject using shallow DOF, unique lighting, and different angles!!!

    Thanks again, Bethany for that tip!

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home