Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Heartbeat of God

Sometimes I feel discouraged, and I cannot understand;
The way the Father leads me, the way that He has planned.
But you know best O Lord, so draw me close to Thee,
That I may feel Thy heartbeat, bringing life to me.

The heartbeat of God means life and love to me.
I don't want to be in doubt and trouble misery,
So draw me closer, Father up above,
That I may always feel your heartbeat of love.

Sometimes I live for self and God seems far away,
But I'm the one who slipped, and I'm the one to stray,
Oh Father please forgive each failure as I pray,
And let me feel your presence every passing day.

By faith I'll step right up and stand by Jesus side;
To feel the beat of love and there to safely hide.
And I will trust in Him to see me safely through,
Until in heav'n with Jesus, oh, so real and true!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing that, Ryan. Very heartfelt and thought provoking. Keep pressing on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home