Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sunset blooper...

ISO 1600 ~ f/36 ~ 1/4000 ~ 135mm

      Hmm, you may say.  Those numbers look really wild --  what was he thinking???  Yeah, that's what I asked myself after I downloaded the photos: What was I thinking?  Two lessons, learned from mistakes.  #1) always put your camera settings back to normal after getting "creative." And, #2) always check your camera's settings before shooting.  What did I do?  Well, I had left the camera on Aperture Priority, at 1600 ISO, and f/36.  A great combo for a really grainy picture and a "star" pattern around the sun...  I like the star pattern, I just wish I could get rid of the grain. :-)  Oh, and about the crooked horizon, there's another lesson...  If it does not interfere with other subjects in the photo, try to match the horizon line; even if it is slanted in real life.  It just looks better.

Ah, lessons are so fun, aren't they?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • :-D :-D

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 7:11 AM  

  • And here I'm always wishing my cheap camera would remember my settings! :)

    I like to look for horizons in non-scenic photos too. They aren't technically horizons, but something somewhere in the photo that makes a long line. They will pop out in the final product if you don't look for them when shooting, and can make the whole photo look crooked.

    Thanks for sharing your mistake!!! --Jacob

    By Blogger Jacob, at 11:46 PM  

  • Even if it is a blooper, it is a very nice photo.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:18 PM  

  • Hey!!! Thanks for naming you're blog after me!! :) LOL!!!! I'll Type later!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home