Saturday, July 28, 2007

Making a Desktop Wallpaper #2




The next step after getting your picture and selecting the verse is to figure out what the key points of the verse are, and try to draw the attention of your readers to that point.

“When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.” Psalms 27:8


Obviously in this case, “seeking the Lord” is the primary key. Let's try to highlight that point. One of the next steps is to make your text stand out from the page in a way that is not annoyingly obvious, but yet is not hidden. That is where shadows, highlighting, and transparency come into play.

First, let's make a new layer, and make a square selection. Fill that with white, and drop the transparency to about 35% or whatever looks the best for the picture. If you stop right there, it looks fairly good, but it needs a little more pizzaz. That's where Gaussian Blur, and the Smudge tool come in. On this particular photo, I used the the smudge tool to get the ragged edges. Just take the tool, and "smudge" the entire edge of the square, as though it were a square of wet paint. You can play with the settings a little bit to get the desired effect.

That's all for today....

P.S. For those of you who are wondering, this particular tutorial is written for Photoshop... I didn't have enough time to work it out in GIMP... Sorry! Maybe next time!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry, this sounds like I wrote it in my sleep... :-\ Hope you can bear with me! :-)

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home