Saturday, July 21, 2007

Making a Desktop Wallpaper Step #1


ISO 100 ~ f/5.6 ~ 1/125 ~ 135mm

First off, we start by framing our picture a little differently than usual.  I usually try to move my subject off to the side, and make the background well blurred.  This technique is also used in magazines and books, when you have a full, two page photo, and the starting article is on the picture.  Trying to get the subject to stand out, while filling the whole page is a nice effect, when used correctly.
The next step is to find a verse or poem that fits not only the subject of the photo, but the mood as well.  That is where your job lies...  I'd like you to find verses or poems that you feel would be fitting for this picture.

...'Till next time...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • wow, what a striking photo... makes me think of Psalm 27:8.

    Thanks for the tutorial! I'm looking forward to the next step(s)!!

    By Blogger Brittney, at 5:42 PM  

  • Wow, is right! I agree totally with Britt...
    I had Psalm 27:8 in mind, too...! :D Wow... :)

    So, yeah, I second the motion... :)

    By Blogger Rachel Marie, at 6:30 PM  

  • Me three! Me three! Me three!
    :-)

    By Blogger Becc@, at 6:32 PM  

  • UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!!!

    By Blogger Goldfish, at 9:59 PM  

  • I love that picture! Brittney and Rachel's suggestion is excellent! On the way to work everyday, I drive past a whole field of blooming sunflowers, and it's always a reminder to me to keep my face and heart turned toward the Son!

    There's a short poem I just saw on Steve and Janelle's fridge that might fit this. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get it until next week. :( If you don't get around to posting an update until then, I'll post it here and you can decide if you want to use it. :-)

    Blessings, and don't stay too busy! :-)

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 10:16 PM  

  • Whoa! Sorry about the wait! Reb & Luke were up for the week, and we went up north to Door County for a few days... Time flies when you are having fun!!! I'll get back here as soon as possible, and I will try my best not to make this a repeat of the hapless PGM post on S&L... *rolls eyes*

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 11:31 PM  

  • Update... update... updaze... upzzzzzzzzzz.....

    ZZZzzzzzz,,,,..... . . . . . . . . .

    Sorry - fell asleep waiting.....
    :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home